Tuesday, June 17, 2014

06.16.2014 Email

   This week was such a great week!! Probably one of the best ones yet! and it went by the fastest too. I know you are all probably thinking, like wow! she says that every single week, but I'm not kidding you. I can't believe how fast the weeks go!! It's insane. But anyways, we did do lots of service this week, and it is actually pretty fun! Sometimes I dread it because it is SO HOT outside. But, it's nice helping people and watering dirt is pretty fun I guess.

  We did exchanges with the sister training leaders Tuesday and Wednesday. I was like really scared, don't know why. But it was really fun. I stayed with Sister Chowen, she is English speaking and in the YCA ward. I was so excited to be able to speak English again!! It was really nice. It was so weird, I could actually understand what was going on and I could actually express myself. It was really great. But the craziest thing ever happened! So we were walking out of their apartment to leave for a lesson and we see a bunch of cops walking around with these HUGE guns. Really, i don't know what kind of guns they are kay,  but they were really big. Like they had to carry them with two hands. Kay so really big, right? Then we were like what the heck! weird! So we get back from our lesson and they are still out there and there's like a gazillion cop cars in the parking lot. So we go inside and we are eating then we hear this really loud bang, and we thought it was a gun shot! So we run to the window to see what is going on and there is a SWAT team standing outside the building across from us and one of the guys has a mega phone thing and is talking into it telling this guy to come out of his apartment! So we brought our food in that room and started watching for awhile. But nothing really happened, then they sent the SWAT team up the stairs into this persons apartment!! Crazy huh! But then we had to go because we had another lesson, so we never saw what happened. But when we were walking out we were talking to these guys and they said someone had a bunch of illegal drugs or something and he was threatening to kill himself! and that loud noise we heard was a flash grenade. So then that night we switch back so I don't ever really hear anything more. But then a couple days later I saw Sister Chowen and apparently there was a paper on everyones door the next morning saying that one of their fellow neighbors had died! The guy died!! Ca-razy.

  So yeah, thats like the only exciting thing that happen to me this week. Except for the fact that I AM EATING SO MUCH FOOD. Oh my gosh guys I am not kidding you. I swear I have never eaten so much food in my entire life! I know I am probably just being a really huge baby about it. But i can't handle it! We constantly are being fed by members, which is really nice. The members in my ward are all super super nice, we have a great ward!

   Me and my companion had to teach the lesson in the Gospel Principals class this week. I was so terrified i was freaking out. We taught about the gift of the Holy Ghost, and it actually went pretty well! I basically just bore my testimony over and over again. Haha the spirit was definitely there!

  So we are still meeting with the less active's wife, Blanca, but we haven't seen her husband since they came to church last Sunday! I guess he works a lot, and mostly on Sunday too so that's a bummer. But I really like teaching her! She is super nice and her kids are so cute. The oldest one is two and he calls me 'yonson' its quite adorable. I think we can definitely get them coming back to church soon! So keep them in your prayers!!

  We have had this kid named Jesus on date for baptism for so long, but he will never come to church! It is so frustrating because he says he wants to get baptized, but then he won't come to church! But now his date fell through because he has to come to church twice before he gets baptized. So hopefully we can get him back on date.

  We have been doing really good lately with getting referrals and finding people. Which is a huge blessing in our area! We have met some super awesome people who are super prepared and really need the gospel in there lives!! So I'm sure we will be baptizing all of Tempe by the end of this transfer!!

  It has been WAY hot here. For reals. But it's okay because we have had a car for a while which has been so nice. Its actually really hard having bikes in the area we are in because originally they made our area the smallest area so we could be on bikes.But then we kind of had to change the areas a little and our area is so big now! It's just as big as the other sisters with a car. Except WE ARE ON BIKES. So it is really hard. Tomorrow we give the car up so we will be strictly on bikes. YAYYYY. Wish us luck.

  I have realized that there seriously are so many nice people in the world! People are always just saying hi to us because we are sisters and talking to us. Last monday when we were shopping at this grocery store we were about to leave because everything was super expensive, but then this guy came up and gave us each $15 gift cards to the store! How nice, right? Then the other day we went to get slurpees and when we were about to pay the manager wouldn't let us! he just said it was on him today. And he's not even a member! So it was really cool. I am so grateful for all the small blessing we receive every day! 

  This morning my companions sisters friends grandma (I know, right?) took us to lunch! We went to Panda Express. It was SO YUMMY. I haven't had Chinese food in forever. She is seriously the nicest lady ever, she doesn't even know us! Then after she took like a gazillion pictures of us to send to family. It was really cute.

Anyways, I love you all so much!! 
Also, hope everything is good with my family this week cause didn't hear from anything of them... thanks guys!!
Con amor, 
Hermana Johnson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment