Monday, August 11, 2014

08.11.2014 Email

Hola.

Okay so can i just say this has been one of the craziest weeks of my entire life? Okay i will. 
THIS HAS BEEN ONE OF THE CRAZIEST WEEKS OF MY ENTIRE LIFE.

Oh my heck. This week has been a roller coaster of emotions starting from the very first day. 

Just imagine that every feeling you have is a big huge ball filled with paint. If you are happy, it is a huge ball of yellow paint. Sad, huge ball of blue paint. Stressed, huge ball of purple paint. Excited, huge ball of blue paint. Get it? Okay now imagine all of these balls of paint being inside of you swooshing around, hitting each other at the same time. THIS IS HOW I FEEL.

Okay so to start with. Last Monday we went to Guadalupe with all the sisters in our zone. It was really fun and I got a SICK mumu and this purple blanket. They are so freaking cute, sorry i don't have a picture to show you but wow, that mumu looks GOOD. 

Later that night we went out to some lessons. I usually have the keys and my companion usually has the phone because she can talk better Spanish when people call. Anyways, so that night we decide to switch and i take the phone. Well we get home that night and realize that some how the keys are gone! So we searched for hours trying to find our keys, the next day we went back to the people's houses we had gone to and looked for them. But we still couldn't find them. So that started the week off GREAT!

Then we had exchanges with the sister training leaders. SCARY right? I was freaked out I don't even know why. Okay well as if that is not scary enough, I had to lead out the area! I about died when i found that out. So Wednesday night Sister Roth came to stay with me (sidenote: she is from Japan cool huh? but shes not japanese) we actually had a lot of fun! It was for sure not as scary as I thought it was going to be... although I was the only one that spoke Spanish so i basically taught every lesson by myself. But hey, the gift of tongues is real folks.
So after that little heart attack I had in the middle of the week things started to get better.

We did a lot of tracting this week. We have quite a few solid investigators, but then everyone else has basically just dropped us. So we are in the process of finding new people to teach. I just want to ask one question. When has it ever been okay to slam the door in someone's face? Especially when there are two beautiful women standing on your door step?? i don't understand. Like this is America and stuff, but goodness sakes, SORRY WE ARE JUST WORRIED FOR YOUR SALVATION PEOPLE!!!

So lessons with Blanca and Alex have been going really really well. On friday there was another baptism in our ward, so we text Blanca to let her know about it but she somehow did not get our text. So we went to the baptism anyways, and a few minutes later Alex shows up dressed in his work out clothes. We are like what the heck? hahaha turns out he didn't know about the baptism and was super mad at us. But he stayed the rest of the time, and the spirit was SO STRONG. I really wish Blanca would have been able to come. At the end we sang Families Can Be Together Forever. Then after the baptism Alex came up to us and we witnessed a MIRACLE. He told us how he knows the church is true and he feels so bad that he has been holding Blanca back from having an eternal family, SO...THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!! Can you believe it???? So many prayers were answered that night. I am so glad that I have been able to be here and witness this change in Alex's life! I really know that this is the reason why I was in this area.

Saturday, WE FOUND OUR KEYS!!! Someone turned them in to the front office. Heavenly Father blessed us so much. We were just about to have to drop 57 dollars to replace them! I know that Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers. Not always exactly when we want Him to, because wow, 5 days ago would have been awesome to find them. But He does hear our prayers, and He blesses us when we continue to have faith!!

Sunday was such a great day at church!! Two of the less active part-member families we have been teaching came to church! It was so cool. We have been trying to get this lady named Irma to come to church for the past two months. Finally yesterday she came with her non member boyfriend we have been teaching! And the best part is, we didn't even invite them, they just showed up!! I probably looked a little TOO excited when I saw her at church. It was a really awesome sacrament meeting. 

In sunday school me and my companion taught the lesson in Gospel Principals. We taught the Word of Wisdom, I was super scared at first, don't know why. (I never know why sorry.) But it actually turned out really well. It was a really good thing that Blanca was there, she said that she felt like that lesson was directed towards her. YAY! She is so going to get baptized and it will be the happiest day of my entire life!!

Okay so now to put a damper on that amazing sunday we had.... transfer calls came Sunday night. All of us hardly talked to each other because we were all having little panic attacks inside. So we all sat up and waited to get phone calls, it felt like HOURS. 

But GUESS WHAT!! My companion got called as a sister training leader!!!!!!!!
I actually totally knew that was going to happen. Everyone did, but she just didn't want to believe it. It is not even surprising because she is such a great missionary! I am so excited for her. The only sad thing is that we won't be together anymore :(

Then we got a call from our district leader telling us who is leaving and who is staying. I was convinced that I am staying because my companion was leaving. But guess what. 

I AM LEAVING!! 

ahhhhhhhhh. The second I heard this and realized that we BOTH were leaving, I just started crying my eyes out. I am so sad to leave! I really really do not want to leave. I love Blanca and Alex and their cute family so much! it makes me so sad to think that neither of us will be here. I just really want them to continue to progress in the church. I will be so sad to see them stop coming to church and decide not to get married. I know I am being a little baby right now, but it would serious break my heart. They are an awesome family!!

Even though I am way sad about leaving and having our area white washed, i am excited to go to a new area at the same time. I am kinda nervous to get a new companion. But, I am trying to put all the trust that I possibly can in the Lord. I know that this work is the Lord's work and that transfers are inspired by the Lord. So i am trying to find peace in the fact that He knows what is best for me and has a plan for me in this mission.  He knows the area I need to serve in, the people I need to serve, and the companion I need to serve with. 

This church seriously is so true. And every time we face opposition in the mission, my testimony of this church just grows SO MUCH MORE. I am so glad I am a missionary. And if any of you guys are debating whether or not to go on a mission... I say GO. it will be the best thing that will ever happen to your life,  in the name of Jesus Christ. amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment