Friday, December 5, 2014

10.20.2014 Email

This week absolutely FLEW by. Seriously, can't even believe it. We are already in the 4th week of this transfers which means that there are only TWO WEEKS LEFT. I think this may be one of the fastest transfers so far. 

Also, it's October. I know it has been October for awhile, but I just love October, and I love fall. It definitely does not feel like fall, but i'm just trying to convince myself that it does so that I can love it. 

But, the best part about October? CARVING PUMPKINS. which we did last week. It was a blast. Of course, everybody did something really cute and creative but I  am not creative at all, so I just did a normal face. But i think it was cute so I don't even care what anyone else says. We set them outside on our deck to decorate and be all cute so that everyone can see them, but we probably should have waited a little bit longer because now they are already dying. Maybe we will just have to carve some more.  
We all saved the seeds and had a huge cook off to see who could cook the best pumpkin seeds. (we obviously won by far). 
  
This past week has been a really good, full of spiritual moments! 

On Saturday the elders in the Spanish branch had a baptism for a girl named Jasmine. She is so cute, and it was honestly one of the best baptisms that I have ever been to. The spirit was SO strong. 

Saturday Hermana Greenhalgh and I  found out that we had to speak in sacrament meeting on Sunday. We were kind of freaking out because we had only a day to prepare. But everything turned out really good. I talked about President Uchtdorfs talk in the last general conference about receiving a testimony of truth and light. It was really fun, and I actually really enjoyed it. And i don't even know why I was scared, because there is about 30 people there every week.. (but that is about to change!) Then that night we had another Mission President's Devotional. We went with the elders and a couple of their investigators and we took a recent convert, Noe with us. We were supposed to have one of our investigators named Shaley meet us there, but she ended up not being able to come! We were really sad. But overall It was a really really good devotional. It was by far the best one I have ever gone to. I say that every time I go to one, but really, they just keep getting better and better! Also, after it was over we were about to leave and guess who was there. BLANCA AND ALEX, and their cute little familia :) It was the best surprise of my life. So we talked with them for a little bit and it was an awesome little family reunion we had.   

Also, real fast funny thing that happened this week. Oh my gosh, I don't know if you will think this is funny, but we were literally DYING laughing. So the other day we were driving in the car and we were just driving past all these huge fields of cotton and just farm land. So my companion says, "wow, why don't we just go teach all these cows." and then without even thinking I was like, "oh yeah, i think that would be a great addition to our 'steak'..." hahahah oh my gosh i am just so funny! I am sure you all miss my super funny sense of humor!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment