Monday, July 14, 2014

07.14.2014 Email

Okay hi. So I have been thinking for like the past 10 minutes what to even write in this email about the past week. I was trying to think of a word to summarize the whole week and the only word that comes to my head is WEIRD. 

Before I say anything else I just want to know one thing. WHO SAID THAT ARIZONA WAS NOT HUMID??Liars! Arizona is so humid what the heck. So do not expect to come to Arizona over the summer and have it be dry heat. It is humid. Okay and second of all, in case you are wondering about our house? Yes, it still looks like a hurricane happened. And it will continue to look that way until about the 20th of July. GREAT. I am going carazy. Gotta love bed bugs!

Also, EVERYONE in the state of Arizona thinks that me and Hermana Thomas are twins. Seriously at LEAST once a day someone will say something about us being twins or sisters. So funny!
The other day we were waiting in a gas station to get a ride to dinner and this random guy comes running up to us and points at me and he's like "you are the older one!" and I'm all confused and my companions like "nope that's me." Then he says  "ugh darn it, I always guess right which twin is older!" then just runs away.. this is kind of thing happens on a daily basis. Even from our zone leader and mission president!!
Okay anyways, so Monday nothing happened.

Tuesday: We were riding our bikes to the church and we were riding in the middle of the road because it was not a busy road and then out of nowhere my companion just fell off her bike. hahahah it was so funny. I know I am a horrible companion but i for reals have a problem with not laughing when stuff like that happens! But we got it all figured out and she is totally fine. We went to visit Blanca and Manuel and they of course are great and they of course still love us. Every time we go over to their house we always leave with a bag of either food or chocolate. It's awesome. 

Wednesday: We had a lesson with this girl named Sarai. She is so awesome! She is pretty young and she has two kids and lives with her boyfriend. She loves it when we come over but the only problem is that she is not very good at keeping commitments.. so it is hard to get her to read and pray and come to church. But she is so nice! So hopefully she will have a change of heart!
That night we went to this donut shop that we go to a lot. THEIR DONUTS ARE SO GOOD. Okay anyways it was pretty late, but we mainly only went to use the restroom. There was this lady that was working and she was kind of a little bit weird.. but super nice! So when Hermana Thomas was in the bathroom I was just talking to her and she isn't Mormon so she was kind of asking questions about missionaries and stuff. Then Hermana Thomas comes out and I turned to her and was trying to secretly ask her if she was going to buy a donut, but my back was turned to the lady so she couldn't see me and I was kind of doing this weird hand gesture game to talk to my companion hahah. anyways. So we leave and go home. THEN flash forward to a couple nights later, Sisters Arellano and Reynor come home one night and are completely DYING. So they tell us how they went to the donut place and the lady there was talking to them and she tells them, "Yeah, these other two blonde missionaries came in the other day. One is new and from Utah and the other one.. I think she is special and speaks sign language.." HAHAHAH oh my gosh. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my entire life. Now Hermana Thomas won't let us go back to that place ever again. That's so sad.

Thursday: We went to a new missionary meeting with all the missionaries that have gotten here in the last 12 weeks. It was actually really really cool. My mission president is so cool. We played this jeopardy game about missionary work and stuff. When it was my turn I chose one and I had to go up in front of EVERYONE and demonstrate how to introduce the Book of Mormon to someone! I think Heavenly Father is teaching me a lesson because I always complain to my companion about doing role plays. Never again! That night we were riding our bikes home and I was coming across this opening thing to a parking lot and out of nowhere this car comes speeding in (and i know I exaggerate a lot but i swear this is for reals) and they did not see me or even start braking until they were like 5 feet away from me! Scary right?? My front wheel was literally touching their car! My companion had a heart attack and basically already had the cops on the phone because she thought I was dying. BUT I am alive and all is well. :)

Friday: We had a lesson with a less active named Irma and her boyfriend Roberto. They are both really really nice and I think they are going to start coming back to church. We had one of our members, Hermano Villa, come with us. He is probably my favorite member, he is a convert and he is so awesome! But, we get to the lesson and we are just talking with them and being friendly then all of a sudden Hermano Villa just starts testifying of the Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ and completely starts taking over the lesson.  Aahaha he talked for like 15 minutes straight. Finally Hermana Thomas tries to like bring it back but THEN he decided to call them to repentance of all their sins. We were really scared, but they seemed to handle it well.

Saturday: There were two baptisms in our ward! WHOO. neither of them were ours so we weren't supposed to go, but my companion last minute had to talk on the holy ghost so we got to go! Later that day we were biking to a lesson with a couple of our investigators and then we realized that they are not in our area... we have been teaching them for over a month and we just now realized this. So we lost two investigators this week! But, when we were teaching them we showed them this video called "Because of Him" If you haven't seen it, you should it is so awesome. We show it all the time to our investigators. Anyways, long story short we have to tell people to read the words on the screen or else they will completely miss the point of the movie and we will get random responses. Well, we forget to tell them to read the words, but we're thinking it would be okay, they probably will get it anyways. So after,  we ask the guy what stood out to him about this video, (keep in mind that this is about Christ and having the chance to change) And he sits there then goes "umm, well... I liked how they showed someone going to the moon... because like it's true, we did go to the moon.." Then there was like this awkward 5 seconds as my companion just stares at him. Then he adds, "and Jesus.."    DUH!!! YES THAT IS WHAT THIS MOVIE IS ABOUT. CHRIST! !  Oh My!

Sunday: MANUEL CAME TO CHURCH!!! he came by himself.. which was sad that Blanca didn't come with, but hey at least he came!! We were so surprised when we saw him.Then we invited them to come to a baptism that night and they both came to that! It was such great day. I think Manuel is remembering how awesome church is. He said it was his first time in 14 years that he put on a tie! They are totally golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment